Digital Cocktailing: A Trip to the 2011 Ad Age Digital Conference
by Michelle Lentz
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 18 seconds
Although my 'Empire State of Mind' is still swirling from the Ad Age Digital Conference, I am full of new ideas, insights and inspiration. It was an eye-opening experience. In case you weren't there, the two-day conference featured notable speakers, such as:
- John Riccitiello, CEO, EA
- Wendy Clark, SVP-Integrated Communications, Coca-Cola
- Paul Smailes, Senior Brand Manager, Heineken USA
- Karen Quintas, CMO, Dell
- Dave Nordstrom, CMO, Lexus
- Geoff Cottrill, CMO, Converse
- Adam Bain, President of Revenue, Twitter
- Lee Applbaum, CMO, RadioShack (our client, I'm proud to say!)
And that was just day one!
How in the world can I surmise their sage advice and witty wonders? Here's the ol' college try:
1. Brands must be “liquid and linked”. Drive your story as deep as it can go, staying true to your brand and strategy.
2. Think about your audience, but more importantly, their network. Think “share” not “like”.
3. Create a magnet for consumers, not a mirror.
4. Facebook posts with 80 characters are less have a 27 percent higher engagement rate.
5. Facebook engagements are 3 times higher for posts with full-length URLs, not shorteners.
6. Questions on Facebook work, but only direct ones with quick responses. Ask “where”, “what” and “when”, not “why”.
7. Connections are the new impressions.
8. Women tweet 40 percent more than men.
9. It’s anticipated that 50 percent of phones will be smart phones in 2011.
10. We are now dealing with “Generation C” who is not defined by age, but defined by being a connected audience constantly clicking.
Until next year and another round of digital cocktails!
Many know HCK2 Partners for our work, strong relationships with clients, fun(ny) t-shirts and company events. But some don’t know that one of our pillars we pride ourselves on is community involvement and giving back to causes that have a deep place in our heart.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 25 secondsRead More »
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 45 secondsRead More »
As a full-service marketing agency, HCK2 is filled with knowledge workers. We communicate news and information in a variety of ways, whether through press releases, brochures, or websites, we thrive on developing creative ways to convey that information.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes, 11 secondsRead More »
In today’s world of marketing needs, demands are higher than ever before. Companies need their brand message to be on-point, their websites to achieve stronger user experience, and their recent news visible with top media outlets. Talk about a tall order! So what is the best path forward? Hire a marketing agency that operates on specialists, not generalists.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 14 secondsRead More »